Setting up the Approval Hierarchy:
- When creating a new Document in MyVCM, add any Users that are required to approve the Document as an 'Approver'.
- Indicate whether you would like the Document to Publish automatically upon approval from all Mandatory Approvers
- Segment each Approver to an Approval Cycle; Approvers in any cycle will not receive a notification or action to Approve a Document until the Approval process has advanced past the previous cycle.
- Set a Due Date for each Approver. The Approval Cycle will not advance to the next cycle until the due date has been reached
- Choose the Approver Type for each Approver
To approve a document:
- After having been notified that the approval of a document is required, you can access the document in a few different ways within MyVCM:
- On the MyVCM homepage, under ‘My Profile’ in pending actions.
- From the Documents module (accessible from the left pane on any MyVCM page) in ‘Pending Actions’.
- Or, if you know the name of the document, you can find it manually in the ‘Manage Documents’ tab in the Documents module.
- You can access the approval in 2 different ways:
- To access from the MyProfile Dashboard, find the approval requirement under the complete list of Pending Actions or from Pending Actions by Module. Select "approve" to be directed to the Document to fulfill your Approval requirement.
- From inside of the document’s overview page, click the green Approve/Reject button.
- After reviewing the document, select to either Reject or Approve the document.
- Add any additional notes and/or upload any attachments with an approval (optional).
- Click Submit to complete.
When all Approvals that are required for a given cycle are Approved, the Approvers on the next cycle will be notified and receive a Pending Action to complete their Approvals. When Approvals for are cycles are completed, publish the Document! (The Document can be set to automatically publish after approvals from all Mandatory Approvers during creation of the Document)
To see additional details around the Approval Hierarchy and Workflow, see our release notes, here. In the release notes, you will find details around updating approval workflows, pausing and resuming approval cycles and additional details around permissions and capabilities of the Approval Process in MyVCM.