Locations are intended to help track key places associated with your business such as offices, data centers, lab, and facilities.
It is important to track locations in order to manage your risk. For example, if some of your data is housed in data centers on the West Coast of the US, an area prone to experiencing earthquakes, it’s important to have a Disaster Recovery Plan in place tied to those data centers.
You also need visibility into your locations to keep up with changing regulations. The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is one instance. If you have a physical office location in an EU country, you need to comply with GDPR.
How to add a location:
- Click the 3 bars in the top right corner of any MyVCM page, and select ‘Locations’.
- Select the Add New Location button located on the top right corner. You can add new locations or import a list of locations
- If choose to import a list, there will be an Excel Template which you will need to download and complete with the necessary information
- Complete the form and click save
5. After you have clicked save, you can update business impact details, upload files and manage attachments and edit the location
6. You can run a Locations & Assets report which provide additional visibility