1. Click on the "Assessments" module on the left-hand menu bar.
2. Click on the "Add New Assessment" button on the top right corner.
3. Next select "Self Assessment"
4. Fill in the details of the Self-Assessment
*PRO TIP* A File can be attached to an Assessment by dragging and dropping it into the 'Description' text field (highlighted in the screenshot below)
A. If you have an Internal Auditor that needs to review your assessment, assign the Assessment for internal review
- Need other staff members to stay in the Internal Audit loop? Add Internal Audit Custodians to allow them to access and review the Assessment
5. Select "From Import" from the "Assessment Template Type" drop-down
6. Select or drag and drop the .xlsx or .xls file to be imported into an Assessment
- Note: Downloading the Assessment Import Template spreadsheet can make uploading your assessment easier
Each column header of the template has a detailed description and example data . Required column headers are in red text and tooltips appear by hovering over the comment (the red corner on the top right of the column header cell. The answer type column includes a dropdown to help the user input the proper selection.
- Select the column headers from the .xls or .xlsx file in each dropdown to determine where you would like the information from within those columns to be mapped in the MyVCM Assessment
6. Select Answer Type for the Assessment
- Under 'Default Answer Type' Select customers will be able to select the SCF CMM, Ostendio CMM and Custom. Premium customers will be able to select all options including SCF CMM, HITRUST CMM, Simple CMM Ostendio CMM, and Custom. Choose your Default Answer Type. To learn more about the Question Type options, please click here.
- If desired, select the question score for each question. This assigns a value to each answer type to allow Users to track and analyze the progress or maturity of each question
7. Customize Assessment Questions
- Edit, update, delete and reorganize the questions in the Assessment to meet the needs or requirements for your Organization. The pen and pad icon will allow you to edit the questions and a drag and drop function will allow you to reorganize the order of Sections and Questions within the Assessment
- Assign a weight to questions (if desired)
- When editing a question, you will notice the ability to assign a weight to the question to define its importance relative to the others in the Assessment. The default question weight is set to '1'.
- Add instructions to a Question or Section
- When editing a Question or Section, the user can add instructions. This may help to explain what needs to be done to answer a question or what items should be compiled as evidence in the question. Once published, the user can view the instructions on the Assessment by clicking the question mark next to the section or clicking the 'Show Instructions' button within the Question
*PRO TIP* Leverage the Rich Text field to expand the functionality in text areas such as 'Description'
8. Final Steps
- Select 'Next' To assign due dates to the Owner, Internal Auditor, and External Auditor of the Assessment
- Click 'Publish'
- Congratulations! You have successfully created an Assessment from an Industry Template :)