How To #1: Using Ticket Templates
Making ticket templates available to users will reduce the average processing time and error rate for tickets. All users with the permission to create a ticket also have access to ticket templates.
- Access the Tickets module by clicking “Tickets” on the left hand menu:
- Within the ticket module in the upper right corner of your screen, click the downward arrow available next to “Add new ticket” as seen below:
- CLICK Add from template from the dropdown menu:
By clicking the “Add from template” from the dropdown, you are presented with a side panel consisting of three sections:
- Recently used templates: will display the five most recently used templates.
- System templates: contain templates provided by the platform. System templates previously located in the templates library have been placed here so that all system ticket temples are accessible in a single location.
- Custom templates: list is collapsed by default. Clicking on the plus icon expands it, and templates are of course listed in alphanumeric order.
- Click into any of the available System templates to take you to the “Ticket Details” page of that specific template.
- If all desired edits are complete, send the ticket through workflow by clicking Add new ticket:
- After clicking “Add new ticket”, a window will appear asking “Are you sure you don’t want to specify a due date for this ticket?” with two options to click, “Cancel” and “Create ticket”.
- Click “Create ticket”.
*Please note that the ticket number is system generated.
Additionally, all of the fields are editable. A nice time saver is that relevant tags can be saved with the template, so that you don’t have to do that in the future. And the tools to manage attachments, files or URLs, are now in the same location.